17.1.11

grunt, squeak, squawk

The Morning Strut has already seen me confess to a semi-serious canine perversion, but this week, Ruth's camera caught me fawning over some slightly more exotic pets.

Firstly, I'm not sure how I feel about Zoos (see why here and here). From what I gather, some animals are happy, some aren't. I understand that the protection of so many species is dependent on conservation programmes, but that doesn't necessarily have to involve odd-looking punters like me grinning at them like morons, does it?

Bottom line is this; I could watch these gorgeous dudes all day, but I'm pretty sure they'd rather I didn't.



Personally, I love being behind bars. Only for a couple of minutes, mind.







As you may have guessed, tigers, leopards and lions all give me the massive swoons, but if I'm totally honest, my spotted heart belongs to another.

The giraffe is my spirit animal. I feel a kinship with them for countless reasons. They're proud, confident and sneakily clever. They're very laid-back creatures, but they're fucking terrifying when they want to be (they fight like sailors and they've been known to kick lions to death!)

They're the ultimate oddballs of nature - they don't look like anyone else in the wild and they can't help getting noticed.

Sometimes when I go to visit them, they look like they're loving all the attention.



Other times, they really seem very shy.


Weirdos. 


threads: {dress - mangled vintage} {black belt - h&m} {gold elephant belt - vintage} {scarf - sister hand-me-down} {jacket - other sister hand-me-down} {boots - dodgy shop on Meath St.} {ear bling - random store in ny} {finger bling - street market in NY}


No comments:

Post a Comment